Real Estate Research Resources

All Transit: Search by address to obtain information related to public transit access, population data, and demographics.

Congress for New Urbanism: Research on urban and walkable development initiatives in both the public and private sector.

National Association of Realtors Research and Statistics: Research and statistics for all real estate asset classes and product types from the National Association of Realtors

NAREIT (National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts): Market data related to the performance of United States REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts).

Municipal and Government Resources

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Real Estate Tax Center: The source for the official policy and procedures on the taxation of income producing real estate.

United States Census Bureau: The official source for population and demographics data collected through the US Census.

US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD): Aiding private and public owners in the financing and construction of affordable housing and urban development.

District of Columbia

District of Columbia Housing Authority
Washington, DC (DCHA)

District of Columbia Opportunity Zones

District of Columbia Tax Assessment Office
(currently being updated)


Maryland Housing Authorities
Maryland Housing Authority Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development

Maryland Opportunity Zones

Maryland Tax Assessment Offices

Anne Arundel
Baltimore City
Baltimore County
Carroll County
Charles County

Frederick County
Harford County
Howard County
Montgomery County
Prince George’s County


Virginia Housing Authorities
Virginia Housing Authority  Virgina Housing

Virginia Opportunity Zones

Virginia Tax Assessment Offices

(currently being updated)

Real Estate Disclosure Forms

EPA – Lead-Based Paint and/or Lead-Based Paint Hazards Exhibit

EPA – Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home

Maryland Residential Property Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement

Virginia Residential Property Disclosures Acknowledgement Form 

Did you know?

The law in DC requires that your contractor have a valid home improvement contractor and salesperson license. If they do not have such a license, the contractor is not allowed to take any advance payments under the DC Consumer Protection Act. If they do so prior to the COMPLETION of the job, then such contractor must return all of the monies paid by the homeowner regardless of any value of the services provided.